I appreciate that at this sad time, many of my constituents will want to come together and pay their respects to Her Late Majesty The Queen.
Please find below some useful links and information that may be of help to my constituents.
General national guidance for the public and businesses on the period of National Mourning is available here.
A national book of condolence is available for people to sign online, here.
Further information on the period of mourning and funeral arrangements can be found here.
Local books of condolence:
These are now available for people to pay tribute to Her Late Majesty the Queen. They will be available to sign during usual opening hours at the following locations:
- Pershore Town Hall, 34 High Street, Pershore, WR10 1DS
- Pershore Abbey, Abbey Park, Church Walk, Pershore WR10 1BL
- The Almonry Museum, Abbey Gate, Evesham, WR11 4BQ
- Broadway Parish Council Office, 5 Russell Square, Broadway, WR12 7AP until 1pm on Friday 9 September only.
- Broadway Library, Leamington Road, Broadway, WR12 7DZ.
- Droitwich Heritage and Information Centre, St Richard’s House, 22 Victoria Square, Droitwich, WR9 8DS.
Floral Tribute Sites and Donations:
People are encouraged to make a donation to charity in memory of the service The Queen gave to her people rather than lay flowers.
You can search a list of charities supported by HM The Queen on the Royal Family website. Donations to Worcestershire Community Foundation are also encouraged.
However, understandably, many people will also wish to lay flowers. Therefore, anybody wanting to lay floral tributes is asked to do so at the following locations:
- Garden in front of Droitwich Heritage and Information Centre, St Richard’s House, 22 Victoria Square, Droitwich, WR9 8DS.
- Memorial Garden (Stone Preaching Cross) at Abbey Park, Pershore Abbey, Church Row, Pershore, WR10 1DT.
- The flagpole outside The Almonry Museum, Abbey Gate, Evesham WR11 4BQ
- Broadway War Memorial, 20 High St, Broadway WR12 7DP
Please note flowers and other tributes will be removed the day after the State Funeral for HM Queen Elizabeth II.