In his speech today, the Prime Minister outlined five priorities for the government:
- Halve inflation this year, to ease the cost of living and give people financial security.
- Grow the economy, creating better-paid jobs and opportunity across the country.
- Getting our national debt down, so that we can secure the future of public services.
- Cutting NHS waiting lists, so people can get the care they need more quickly.
- Legislating to stop the boats, making sure if you come here illegally, you are detained and swiftly removed.